Absolut Vodka is a brand of vodka, produced near Åhus, in southern Sweden. Absolut is owned by French group Pernod Ricard; it bought Absolut for €5.63 billion in 2008 from the Swedish state. Absolut is one of the largest brands of spirits in the world (after Officer’s Choice, Smirnoff, Bacardi) and is sold in 126 countries. Absolut Vodka is distilled from winter wheat grown in southern Sweden.
- Manufacturer: V&S Group (Pernod Ricard)
- Country of origin: Sweden Åhus, Sweden
- Introduced: 1879
- Price (US): from $19
- Website: absolut.com
#2rd Best Selling Vodka Brand In The World In 2018 (11.3 million 9l case sales).
STOCKHOLM – Main Office
Tel : +46 8 744 70 00
Address: Marieviksgatan 19B
S-117 97 Stockholm (Sweden)
Absolut Vodka Products
The Best Vodka Varieties from the Iconic Absolut Company
For more than a century, the iconic Absolut brand has been handcrafting some of the best vodkas on the planet. For many vodka aficionados, the Absolut brand is synonymous with fine vodka, and some refuse to drink anything else.
Whether you enjoy your vodka straight up or mixed into your favorite cocktail, a great drink starts with the right alcohol. If the base is not up to snuff, no amount of fancy ingredients or fizzy mix-ins will set it right. Even after all this time, Absolut has retained its leadership position, but that does not mean they have stopped trying to improve. The iconic vodka brand is still making a splash – with a variety of flavored vodkas everyone is sure to love. Here are some of the best.
1. Absolut Vodka – For serious drinkers, nothing beats the original, and there is something about the classic taste of Absolut vodka. The crisp clean flavor is the perfect base for vodka-based cocktails, but it is just as good plain or on the rocks.
2. Absolut Grapefruit – Even if you think you do not like grapefruit juice, you may feel differently when you pour a glass of Absolut Grapefruit. The crisp clean flavor is the perfect way to relax and unwind after a hard day at work, so ask your favorite bartender to stock this iconic flavor.
3. Absolut Juice – Mixing vodka with orange juice, pomegranate juice, and other flavors has been a tradition for centuries, but what if you do not have those add-ins on hand? Never worry about that again – just stock your home bar with Absolut Juice. This simple yet complex drink is the perfect start of a great cocktail – or a treat on its own.
4. Absolut Lime – From the classic tequila shot to more sophisticated cocktails, a dash of time is the perfect accompaniment. Now Absolut makes it easier with its new Absolut Lime creation – the perfect combination of sweet, sour and tangy. Just pour a glass and get ready to enjoy.
5. Absolut Citron – From its very introduction, Absolut Citron has been a favorite with bartenders, vodka lovers and keepers of home bars. The clean flavor is perfect for cocktails, but many vodka purists prefer it straight up or chilled on the rocks.
6. Absolut Mandrin – Vodka and orange juice is a classic flavor, and who doesn’t love a great screwdriver? If you love the taste of orange but crave something a bit more sophisticated, Absolut Mandrin is the flavor for you. The crisp taste will soothe your palate, and the sweet sensation will leave you wanting more.
7. Absolut Elyx – wine snobs like to talk about sophisticated flavors, from hints of hickory to touches of dark chocolate. But vodka can hold its own in the form of Absolut Elyx, a silky smooth creation that mixes white chocolate, macadamia nut, and other amazing flavors.
8. Absolut Raspberri – If you are craving a raspberry cocktail, Absolut Raspberry is for you. The combination of sweetness, sophistication and the classic vodka kick is enough to please even the most demanding vodka connoisseur, so kick back with a glass or stock a few bottles at home.
9. Absolut Vanilla – Everyone loves the fresh taste of vanilla, and just about everyone stocks this classic spice in their rack at home. Now you can enjoy vanilla in a whole new way when you pour yourself a glass of Absolut Vanilla. The combination of smooth vodka flavors and the sweetness of vanilla is hard to beat, so try a glass today.
10. Absolut Apeach – Fruity flavors are not just for fancy cocktails any more – with Absolut Apeach, vodka lovers can enjoy the delicious peach flavor built right in – no need for time-consuming mixing or expensive ingredients. Absolut Apeach is always a top flavor, and it goes down great on those hot summer nights.
11. Absolut Kurant – It is hard to beat the refreshing flavor of Absolut Kurant, and this iconic flavor has been a consistent hot seller. Stocked in some of the best high-end restaurants and bars, this sophisticated drink is just as at welcome in your home bar.
12. Absolut Peppar – If you are looking for something a bit different, just lift a glass to Absolut Peppar. The tangy flavor of pepper permeates every sip, making this vodka variety one of the most unique. Whether you use it as the base for the perfect Bloody Mary or enjoy it on its own, you are sure to enjoy this amazing flavor.
Absolut Ruby Red
13. Absolut Ruby Red – How a drink looks can be nearly as important as how it tastes, and there is nothing quite as striking as the bright red look of Absolut Ruby Red. If you are looking for a concoction that packs and punch and makes a statement, you cannot go wrong with Absolut Ruby Red.
14. Absolut Pears – The taste of pears is always a summer treat, but once these delicious fruits are gone you have to wait an entire year to enjoy them again. But with Absolut Pears, you can enjoy that classic late summer flavor any time – just pour yourself a glass and feel the warmth wash over you.
15. Absolut Mango – The word mango conjures images of faraway beaches, carefree days with friends and exotic locations. Now you can relive those memories any time you like – just pour yourself a glass of Absolut Mango, a recreation of the sweet-tart flavor that only a great mango can deliver.
Vodka has seen a resurgence in recent years, with new flavors, new cocktails and new ways to enjoy this classic drink. And even after more than a century, the Absolut brand remains the undisputed leader. So pick your favorite flavors and get ready to raise a glass to this long-time vodka legend.
Absolut was established in 1879 by Lars Olsson Smith and is produced in Åhus, Sweden. Smith challenged the city of Stockholm’s liquor marketing monopoly with his vodka. It was sold just outside the city border at a lower price than the monopoly’s product. Smith even offered free boat rides to the distillery and “Rent Brännvin” made Smith a fortune.
In 1917, the Swedish government monopolized the country’s alcohol industry. Vodka was then sold nationwide under the name “Absolut Rent Brännvin”. The name changed with intervals, Absolut Rent Brännvin. In 1979, the old name Absolut was picked up when the upper-price range ABSOLUT VODKA was introduced. Renat is still a euphemism for spirits in Sweden and the name of another vodka product by Vin & Sprit.
Absolut Vodka was introduced to the global market in 1979. Since its launch, Absolut has grown to sell over 90 million liters of vodka annually by 2008. The vodka is made from winter wheat. Approximately 80,000 metric tonnes (2,900,000 bushels) of wheat are used annually to produce Absolut Vodka. Over one kilogram of grain is used in every one-liter bottle.